Most club runs depart from Dicky Nook, in Barrowford. This is at the bus turn around above the Bridge Pub, where the road forks to Barnoldswick.
Tuesday night 6:30pm from the Blue Elephant, Foulridge
Club members and invited riders only. Approx 25-30 miles fast pace, rules for the ride below.
- All riders must obey the rules of the road i.e. must stop at red lights, must give way to traffic already on a roundabout and no more than two abreast.
- No more than twelve riders in any one group.
- Ride in a single line, with the front rider peeling off to the left after his/her turn at the front, the single line overtakes on the right. Length of turn to suit fitness level but as a guide no more than 30 seconds.
- It is not a race so riders should not be at maximum effort – if necessary split the groups in accordance with fitness level.
- PF members ride together and non-members form their own group. PFCC cannot be held responsible for the behaviour of non-members.
Wednesday evenings leave Dicky Nook, Barrowford (see map at the top of the page), 7pm (prompt) for a ride at social pace 13/14 mph around 25 miles. Usually wind up at the Lord Rodney, Colne at about 9pm for a beer or two. Lights are required.
Thursday evening time trial series. See Evening League page.
Thursday evening track session winter only, beginning of October to the end of March at the Steven Burke Sports Hub 7 – 8pm. There is a small charge of £2.00.
Thursday Night Crits at the Steven Burke Hub
Please click on the British Cycling logo below for more information on the Thursday night crits.
From Dickey Nook (Higherford bus turnaround) leaving at 9am in summer and 9:30 in winter, usually changing as the clocks change. Pace is usually around 15 to 16mph. A list of the latest runs is here.